How to Get Ready in the Morning: A Skincare Regimen
May 1, 2020
Now that we’re in quarantine, I have extra time to do the one thing that I love: skincare. My dad always teases me about my obsession. Lately, I’ve tried to bring him into this world of self care, but he doesn’t seem to understand the point. My mom and I even bought him Guerlain face cream for Christmas, but he just called it goo and refused to wear it. Sometimes he’ll relent if I pester him enough to let me put a facemask on him, but he complains the entire time.
If he won’t take my advice, then I hope anyone who reads this will. This is my 10 step skincare morning routine:
- Wash your face using a foam cleanser for sensitive skin.
- Twice a week exfoliate with a coconut oil scrub 🥥.
- Spray your face with Thayers Witch Hazel Mist.
- Massage in a few drops of serum with hyaluronic acid.
- Take a chilled spoon and place it on your eyelids/under eyes for a few seconds🥄.
- Rub in a dollop of Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream and use the excess on your neck and hands🧴 (These areas show age!).
- Remember to always use ⭐upward motions⭐ when touching your face.
- Take a chilled facial roller to contour your cheekbones (This process is called “lymphatic drainage”).
- Use two drops of Dr. Barbara Sturm Sun Drops🌞 on your cheeks for SPF protection (This is one of the most important steps!).
- Lastly, apply a chapstick💄. (I like Smith’s Rosebud Salve)